The Transformers: The Movie is coming to 4K for its 35th anniversary! The first feature-length feature for the Autobots and Decepticons will be released on August 31 in a limited edition SteelBook Blu-ray.
The new 4K version from Shout Factory comes directly from the original 35mm film.
Along with the new 4K version in widescreen with HDR, Dolby Vision, and Dolby Atmos, you also received the following bonus content:
- NEW 4K Transfer Of Original Film Elements
- NEW Feature-Length Storyboards, Including Deleted, Alternate And Extended Sequences
- NEW Fathom Events 30th Anniversary Featurette, Including Stan Bush’s Acoustic Performances Of “The Touch” And “Dare”
- ‘Til All Are One – A Comprehensive Documentary Looking Back At The Transformers: The Movie With Members Of The Cast And Crew, Including Story Consultant Flint Dille, Cast Members Gregg Berger, Susan Blu, Neil Ross, Dan Gilvezan, Singer/Songwriter Stan Bush, Composer Vince DiCola And Others!
- Audio Commentary With Director Nelson Shin, Story Consultant Flint Dille And Star Susan Blu
- Archival Featurettes – “The Death Of Optimus Prime,” “The Cast & Characters,” And “Transformers Q&A”
- Animated Storyboards
- Original Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spots
The year is 2005 …
For millennia, the heroic Autobots, led by Optimus Prime (Peter Cullen), have been at war with the evil Megatron (Frank Welker) and his Decepticons over control of their home planet of Cybertron. However, an even greater threat – Unicron (Orson Welles, Citizen Kane), a colossal converting planet that devours everything in its path – is heading right for Cybertron. The only hope is the Autobot Matrix of Leadership. Will the Autobots be able to save themselves and their home world in time?
The Transformers: The Movie 35th Anniversary Limited Edition Steelbook can be preorder on Amazon here.