Aalborg, Denmark – January 5, 2021 – Play the role of a young alchemist apprentice who is unwillingly bound to an illegal spirit. Suddenly drawn into a war between humanity and magic, they must join a group of unlikely heroes to escape their own doom, hopefully saving the world along the way.
“Making a game that’s about intimacy has been incredibly difficult, and you have no way of knowing if you succeeded, before players can experience the game for themselves. The reception so far has been overwhelming, and we’ve already heard from players who’ve laughed and cried during the game. It’s such a relief to not just hope, but know, you made something that special” says Daniel Svejstrup Christensen, producer at Galdra Studios
Arcadia Fallen is a nordic inspired fantasy where roleplay and personal expression are in the front seat. It features a customizable protagonist and a dialogue system that allows players to shape their character’s personality as they play. Will you be shy? Bold? Or the one forever telling jokes? Spend time with the cast of companions joining you on your journey, four of which you can romance (LGBTQ+ friendly), and if romance isn’t your thing, you can form meaningful and deep platonic relationships with everyone.
Players will also need to hone their skills as an alchemist to solve crises and assist their companions. These puzzles are easy to learn, but difficult to master, and those who put time into becoming expert alchemists can use it to change the course of the story.
The game features more than 4.5 hours of fully voiced dialogue by talents such as Sarah-Nicole Robles (Luz from The Owl House; Encanto) and Sean Chiplock (Persona 5; Genshin Impact), with voice direction by Philip Bache (Life Is Strange; Skyrim).
Arcadia Fallen will be available in the American Nintendo eShop at 9am PST and the European/Australian Nintendo eShop at 3pm CET.
[penci_video url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrGRl1PIfSc” align=”center” width=”” /]
- Venture on a journey with no bad endings. Your decisions will never keep you from going on but may influence what you will have to endure before you reach your goal.
- Dialogue options with tone labels. You decide whether your character is shy, bold, or the type to make a joke of any situation.
- Whether you want to become a master of alchemy, engage in a romance, or discover the mysteries of the world; how you spend your time is up to you.
- Create your alchemist in your own image or play out a fantasy.
- You decide how traumatic events sculpt and grow your alchemist’s personality. When faced with a tragedy, will you be benevolent, or will you be vengeful?
- Spend time with your companions to build a deep platonic relationship or engage in a romance (LGBTQ+ friendly).
- You decide how you want to romance someone.
- Use your alchemy skills to solve crises, assist your companions, and change the world around you.
- Take on powerful demons with your alchemy skills and the help of an ancient artifact.