Well, as is becoming a yearly tradition, Columbia has unveiled their latest Winter Collection, their Skywalker Pilot Ski Collection, which is set to be released on December 1st.
Columbia’s Star Wars winter collection has become an eagerly anticipated annual tradition for fans, and 2023 promises something truly extraordinary. Building on the love fans have shown for their previous collections, Columbia has revealed that their Winter 2023 Star Wars lineup will be the most extensive one yet. This year, the iconic flight suit worn by Luke Skywalker will serve as the primary inspiration for a ski collection that includes a full ski suit, jackets, and snow goggles. In addition to these essentials, the collection also features a hooded pullover, long-sleeve shirt, short-sleeve shirt, cap, and a crossbody bag, totaling nine pieces. Each item is filled with delightful Star Wars Easter eggs, making them a must-have for enthusiasts.
What sets this collection apart is Columbia’s meticulous attention to detail. The team collaborated closely with the experts at Lucasfilm, studying the original screen-worn costumes to ensure that every design element stayed true to the Star Wars universe. From the insulated collar construction to sleeve baffling and subtle additions like vehicle schematics and original concept art, each piece is a work of art. Moreover, the collection incorporates Columbia’s Omni-Heat technology, guaranteeing warmth whether you’re speeding down treacherous slopes or clearing snow after a blizzard.
According to Matt Merriman, VP Brand Development and Partnerships at Columbia Sportswear, “This collaboration seamlessly blends Star Wars aesthetics with Columbia’s renowned performance and durability. These products aren’t mere costume replicas; our team drew inspiration from Luke Skywalker’s iconic flight suit to craft a fully functional ski collection to withstand the elements. The result is a fusion of style and functionality that truly captivates.”
To add to the excitement, Columbia will unveil this collection during the week of the NASCAR Cup Series Championship on November 5. Columbia ambassador Bubba Wallace will race his own version of Luke Skywalker’s Red Five X-wing Starfighter, showcasing intricate elements inspired by the Star Wars galaxy on his car, helmet, and fire suit. Mark Hamill himself made a cameo appearance to tease the highly anticipated collection!
As fans eagerly await the collection’s release, it’s worth noting that prices for these exceptional pieces will range from $40 to $500. The entire collection will be available for purchase starting at 9:01 pm PT / 12:01 am ET on November 30th / December 1st, exclusively on the Columbia website.
The SkyWalker Pilot Collection includes:
- The Skywalker Pilot Ski Suit (MSRP: $500) A special-edition one-piece ski suit inspired by Luke Skywalker’s iconic flight suit and built for epic snow days with Omni-Tech waterproof breathable fabric, ski pass pocket and thermal reflective lining. And Star Wars fans will appreciate the detailed patches, hidden blueprint graphics of R2-D2, and the T-65 X-wing Starfighter with messages in Aurebesh (the written language of the Star Wars galaxy). Available online only.
- The Skywalker Pilot Ski Jacket (MSRP: $350)This mountain-ready ski jacket is ready for the slopes and features waterproof-breathable fabric and advanced thermal-reflective lining. Star Wars details include hidden blueprint graphics of R2-D2 and the T-65 X-wing Starfighter with messages in Aurebesh.
- The Skywalker Pilot Snow Goggle (MSRP: $300)Ski goggles inspired by Luke Skywalker’s iconic helmet and visor will help keep you protected and clear-sighted in variable conditions while providing comfort. The goggles are also helmet-compatible and feature two interchangeable lenses, plus a carrying pouch. Fan-favorite details include elements on the outer strap inspired by Luke Skywalker’s helmet, along with messages in Aurebesh that are etched discreetly on the lenses and carrying pouch.
- The Skywalker Pilot Lightweight Jacket (MSRP: $200)This special-edition lightweight jacket is built for epic adventures near or far with details Star Wars fans and outdoor enthusiasts will love. The advanced thermal-reflective lining keeps cold out and warmth in, while multifunctional hand pockets and costume-inspired quilting on the sleeve add utility and style. Fan-favorite details include a T-47 Airspeeder/Snowspeeder blueprint graphic on the interior security pocket with messages in Aurebesh.
- The Skywalker Pilot Pullover (MSRP: $150)A special-edition hooded pullover built for everyday adventures. The heavyweight cotton-blend fabric offers wear-anywhere durability. Fan-favorite details include graphics of either a T-65 X-wing Starfighter or T-47 Airspeeder/Snowspeeder on the back with messages in Aurebesh.
- The Skywalker Pilot Long-Sleeve Shirt (MSRP: $70) Featuring Star Wars concept art depicting Luke Skywalker mid-battle on Hoth, this special-edition long-sleeve shirt made with heavyweight cotton-blend fabric provides durability and comfort.
- The Skywalker Pilot Short-Sleeve Shirt (MSRP: $55) A special-edition short-sleeve shirt made with heavyweight cotton-blend fabric and features blueprint graphics of either a T-65 X-wing Starfighter or T-47 Airspeeder/Snowspeeder, an insignia inspired by Luke Skywalker’s helmet and messages in Aurebesh.
- The Skywalker Pilot Crossbody Bag (MSRP: $50) The adjustable belt and multifunctional pockets provide custom comfort and secure stowage for essentials. Fan-favorite details include raised-silicone logo patches along with an emblem inspired by Luke Skywalker’s helmet insignia and a message in Aurebesh.
- The Skywalker Pilot Ball Cap (MSRP: $40) A special-edition ball cap featuring a textured emblem on the front inspired by Luke Skywalker’s helmet insignia, a raised-silicone Rebel patch on the side, and a message in Aurebesh.
The Skywalker Pilot Collection will be available on columbia.com/StarWars starting at 12:01 am ET on
Dec. 1, 2023, and at select Columbia-branded U.S. retail locations. In addition to the U.S., the collection
will be available in several countries throughout Asia, Europe, and Central and South America.
For full details and the list of Columbia-branded U.S. retail locations carrying the new collection, please